1) Pour 1 to 1.5 oz of Trinity Absinthe into your glass.
2) If you prefer, place a sugar cube on an absinthe spoon or a brouilleur.
3) Slowly drip ice cold water into your glass or over your sugar cube.
4) Watch closely as the absinthe begins to change color and form opaque swirls. (See our history page for information about fire and absinthe.)
5) Continue to slowly drip your water into the absinthe until the "louche" has evenly and mystically transformed your drink.
6) The result should be approximately four parts water to one part absinthe.
7) Stir in any undissolved sugar, and enjoy your Trinity!
The Traditional (Happy Hour/Mad Bartender style):
1) Pour one part Trinity Absinthe (1 to 1.5 oz) and two parts water into a shaker.
2) Add a small scoop of ice and shake, shake, shake it up.
3) Strain it into a glass, slide it down the bar, and collect your tip!
The Traditional (Rocky Mountain style):
1) Pour 1 to 1.5 oz of Trinity Absinthe into your preferred outdoor container.
2) Soak a clean cotton t-shirt in your nearest creek, and slowly strain the crisp snowmelt run-off into the absinthe.
3) If you have remembered to bring a sugar cube and would prefer one, crumble it into your container and stir it all together with your freshly creek-cleaned index finger.
4) Enjoy your Trinity!*
*Please note that while Overland Distillery is pretty sure that you will not contract giardia, we accept no liability in the event of infection.
Trinity Absinthe is continually recognized by industry experts as a leading absinthe, perfect for both food pairings and hand-crafted specialty drinks. In addition to a traditional drip ratio of 1 part Trinity to 4 parts water, be sure to try the following:
Add Trinity Absinthe as a rinse for your:
Replace half of the standard amount of the standard spirit with Trinity Absinthe in your:
-Dark and Stormy
Garden of Eden
1) Muddle a trinity of blackberries with a sugar cube and fresh mint
2) Add a traditional preparation of Trinity Absinthe
3) Garnish with a sprig of mint and serve in a martini glass
Sugar-Berry Green Fairy
* Follow the instructions for the Garden of Eden, making a few minor changes:
1) Using club soda or seltzer instead of water in the traditional preparation
2) Serve over ice in a highball glass
Saint Patrick's Confession
1) Prepare a ratio of 1 part Trinity Absinthe to 1 part ice cold water
2) Add 2 parts Irish cream liqueur
3) Add a splash of Chambord (optional)
4) Shake with ice and pour into an old-fashioned glass or strain into a martini glass
5) Garnish with chocolate shavings
The Jolly Old Elf
1) Prepare a mug of your favorite hot chocolate
2) Stir in 1 oz. of Trinity Absinthe using a peppermint stick
3) Garnish with mini marshmellows and green sugar sprinkles